Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cooking Dinner: Blessing or Burden

As Matt and I were grocery shopping the other day after having no groceries for like a month, thus making random things from the cabinet and getting fat on fast food, I was thinking about how my cooking has changed with the amount of things added to my schedule. While a shorter time spent cooking may seem like an obvious reaction to a heavier schedule, I hadn't really noticed it since it happened gradually. I used to spend time and make menus and create recipes that I knew Matt and I would really enjoy, but I think last week the most elaborate thing I made was spaghetti with sauce straight from the JAR! Doesn't that sound fancy? So, I stepped back and thought about whether or not I missed cooking for my family and I DO! I miss the house smelling like a good meal and Matt and I sharing something other than McDonalds french fries. While I'm sure some days will bring the desire to just order pizza, I want to make time to cook dinner for my man again. He deserves it and I deserve not to get fat on Burger King! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment