Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Buying a House: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

This is what buying a house is like.... It's sitting inside a really big alligator's mouth just waiting for it to crush you! That's the bad and the ugly, the good is we get a house and we are really learning to pray! It was a beautiful thing that I organized my office and filing cabinets right before we started this process since it was much easier to pull taxes and such from the folder labeled "taxes" than it was to dig through piles on the desk to find the pile with the sticky note that said "taxes". Yay me.
It has been a long while since I have posted so I will give ya a quick run through of the highlights, the other stuff can't be that interesting or else it would be part of the highlights.
  • Fae wants to crawl so bad it makes her mad, but she can feed herself which makes her happy
  • Had a lady "steal" a cake...still waiting for her to pay her remaining 300 something-odd dollars
  • Packing is no fun, but it gives me chance to purge my house. I have made friends with the people at the resale store down the road...I'm gonna be donater of the month
  • My husband, my dad, my father in law and my step dad (basically all the men in my life) all have birthdays within two weeks of each other and we have no money for presents, so I made them their fav desserts
  • Fae and I get to go to Louisiana and hang with the fam one more time before school starts...yay
  • Mom and Wesley are going to Ohio and I have decided I am angry with them because I can't go, so there.
  • I was getting random things for Matt's mini-birthday celebration like Iron Man cups, Transformers plates, a Toy Story 3 table cloth, silly string, a pecan pie, a Hot Wheels car and stuff for chicken enchiladas at Wal-Mart the other day and the lady at the check out asked how old the birthday boy was and when I told her 24 she said her guess would have been 12. Um excuse me but I do believe the silly string cans said "Fun for all ages", although I have no excuse for the other things.
Well, there ya go. Is it sad that those are the interesting things?
AND in the midst of all the crazy house buying ridiculousness I have started a new blog... cleangreencreative.blogspot.com
Why have you started a new blog you ask? Couldn't tell ya....

No comments:

Post a Comment