Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Prayer

In service this morning Pastor Steve was talking of the importance of getting God's word in your heart. Now everyone has heard this before, but this was different. It put a desire in me to use the word to learn to better know and listen to God, so I can be used by him. That is my sole desire in life is to know and be used by God for his glory. I want him to be so abundant in me that people can just see him through my actions and words. I read a scripture today that I really loved and wanted to share it.
"For we know, brothers loved by God (that's me!!), that he has CHOSEN YOU (that's me too!!) because our gospel came to you not simply with word, but with POWER!!! 1 Thess. 1:4
God is not a pushover. God is POWER! People say "Almighty God", but do they really believe he is almighty? He has come to us with power and to give us authority through Jesus. Didja hear that? AUTHORITY! I'm tired of christians being seen as some pushover religious group. It is time to walk in the power and authority that God has given us through his son.

1 comment: